Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any good Physics Interactive Programs out there?

1. Jan 7, 2009 #1
    Does anyone know of a good physics interactive computer program to mess around with, and perhaps even learn something? maybe even a mathematics program as well would be cool. if you have any ideas, i'd appreciate you sharing!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2009 #2
    I would like to work on a project like this eventually.
  4. Jan 8, 2009 #3
    "Phun is a free game-like 2D physics sandbox" http://www.phunland.com/wiki/Home
  5. Jan 16, 2009 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

6. Jan 16, 2009 #5
    Try "interactive physics". :)
  7. Jan 21, 2009 #6
    PhET (Out of the University of Colorado Physics Education Research Group) is popular (I use it a lot with my classes)... but you probably really need some guidance to get the most out of them... look at the activities in conjunction with a text, or look at some of the activities teachers have posted.

I also like Phun (the 2-D physics emulator mentioned before)... but it has no guidance either for really getting to understand the concepts.
  8. Jan 28, 2009 #7
    I am leaning heavily on vPython for developing coursework in physics. It is a sneaky way to get my students working on integrating mathematics with the physics concepts, and they accidentally learn some computer programming skills (rudimentary) on the way.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted