1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any Ideas for a Good Physics Research/ Report Project

1. Nov 27, 2011 #1
    Hi, I am trying to think of a really interesting physics topic to do a research & report project (basically an essay) on for my a level physics course work. I have got to come up with a title in the form of a question to write approx 2000 words on. I am finding it really difficult to think of something, I find pretty much all of physics so interesting, its hard to pinpoint one topic to write about.

I really like to do some aspect of space, universe etc. or something to do with light. I thought about maybe black holes, but i think a lot of students would do that. I was wondering if anybody out there could think of any interesting topics that i could research, something a bit different. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Here are some other ideas i have thought about.

Where did it all begin? (origins of the universe)
    Does the universe have a speed limit?

one other idea i have thought about is if we placed a mirror out in space, could we look back to earth at a younger time. IE, placing a mirror 1 lightyear away, we could see earth 2 years ago, but not sure how far you could go with talking about that one,

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2011 #2
    Here's a couple of thoughts that come to mind:

Quantum Entanglement
    Virtual Particles
    Vacuum Energy
    Holographic Principle
    Time Dialation
    Quantum Tunneling
    Black Hole Information Paradox

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook