Any ideas of how to represent a list in pseudo-code in LaTex?

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter uwowizard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ideas Latex List
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 13K views
uwowizard
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I'm working with the algorithmic and algorithm packages in LaTeX and looking for a way to perform some operations on a list in the algorithm.. Any ideas how I can do that? Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Can't really get what you ask about...

Do you ask how to print list structures (boxes with dots and arrows) in LaTeX?

Or maybe you are a fan of Dirty Tricks and ask how to port some Lisp program to [itex]\TeX[/itex]? - if so - be more specific what you want to do.
 
In particular, I want to be able to represent the following operations

list l
l.add(l1,i) //add element l1 in the i-th position
l.remove(j) // remove an element in the j-th position
 
I am not familiar with publications about list processing, so could you give an example of any (available online) paper, where such diagrams are used and printed in a manner you want to achieve?

BTW: for many papers you may retrieve not only pdf, but also TeX source, so you may steal the solution from other author