Anyone know anything about this netbook?

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses using a compact alternative to a larger laptop for school, specifically the model AOA150-1635. There is confusion about the hard drive size, but it is clarified that it is indeed a 160 GB hard drive. It is also mentioned that these types of laptops are not as powerful as regular notebooks and are meant for basic applications and running one task at a time. The question of running a specific program, Dev C++ compiler, is left unanswered.
Saladsamurai
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NTFCKK/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I want it as a compact alternative to carrying my bigger MBP to and from school each day.

My only confusion is this: In the header it says 160 GB hard drive.

but down in the product specs it says 8 GB hard drive.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Googleing the model number AOA150-1635, I found it a Best Buy and Staples, and on both sites, it says 160GB hard drive, so I think you are good with that.

Cool. What does it mean:
They do not have the same capabilities as notebook computers. They are built to run basic applications and execute one task at a time.

One task at a time? I am not sure I follow. Does that mean I have to close one application (like MS Word) before I open another (like connect to internet or open MS Excel)?

Can I run my Dev C++ compiler on it?

Related to Anyone know anything about this netbook?

1. What is a netbook?

A netbook is a small, lightweight, and inexpensive laptop computer designed for basic tasks such as web browsing, email, and word processing. They typically have smaller screens, less powerful processors, and less storage capacity compared to traditional laptops.

2. What are the benefits of using a netbook?

Netbooks are ideal for those who need a portable and affordable device for basic computing tasks. They are lightweight and compact, making them easy to carry around, and they often have a longer battery life compared to traditional laptops. They are also more affordable than most laptops, making them a budget-friendly option for students and travelers.

3. What are the limitations of a netbook?

Due to their smaller size and less powerful hardware, netbooks may not be suitable for tasks that require a lot of processing power, such as gaming or video editing. They also have smaller screens and keyboards, which may not be comfortable for long periods of use. Additionally, netbooks may have limited storage capacity, so they may not be suitable for storing large files or programs.

4. Are netbooks still being produced?

While netbooks were popular in the late 2000s and early 2010s, they have become less common in recent years. Many manufacturers have shifted their focus to producing more powerful and versatile devices, such as tablets and ultrabooks. However, some companies still produce netbooks, especially for specific markets, such as educational or developing countries.

5. Can netbooks be upgraded?

Most netbooks have limited upgrade options due to their smaller size and design. However, some models may allow for upgrades such as adding more RAM or replacing the hard drive. It is best to check the specifications and user manual of your specific netbook to see what upgrade options are available.