1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Anyone studying engineering and working P.T.

1. Nov 28, 2005 #1
    Is it manageable to study engineering full time and work 2 days a week?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2005 #2

Gold Member

Yes it is!! I work TWO P.T jobs and study engineering full time. I put in about 21 hrs on weekends!! I work as a computer technician in my school and then I work at a local coffee shop. It would be great if I could quit one of thoes P.T jobs, but due to circumstances I cannot. My grades are in healthy condition too.

It all comes down to proper time management. But even with that, I still get a few hours less sleep every night. I could only imagine what would happen if I didnt manage my time properly.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  4. Nov 29, 2005 #3
    Yep, doing it now. I'm a full time EE student and I work about 30 hours per week, 15 at a shop and about 15 to 20 on the side as a network admin for a small company. It's very manageable, but there are some sacrifices. I'm not currently dating and I make sure to get to bed by 10 every night. I had to break up with my last GF because she couldn't accept the amount of time I was able to spend with her.
  5. Nov 29, 2005 #4
    In the spring I'll be studying engineering part time while working full time. I'll switch to full time school and part time work when my wife finishes her degree.
  6. Nov 29, 2005 #5
    Jeff, you are sooooooo good boyfriend, I wish to find one like you.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?