Anyone studying engineering and working P.T.

• Studying
  • Thread starter nikola-tesla
  • Start date
Is it manageable to study engineering full time and work 2 days a week?

Answers and Replies

ranger
Gold Member
Yes it is!! I work TWO P.T jobs and study engineering full time. I put in about 21 hrs on weekends!! I work as a computer technician in my school and then I work at a local coffee shop. It would be great if I could quit one of thoes P.T jobs, but due to circumstances I cannot. My grades are in healthy condition too.

It all comes down to proper time management. But even with that, I still get a few hours less sleep every night. I could only imagine what would happen if I didnt manage my time properly.

Last edited:
Yep, doing it now. I'm a full time EE student and I work about 30 hours per week, 15 at a shop and about 15 to 20 on the side as a network admin for a small company. It's very manageable, but there are some sacrifices. I'm not currently dating and I make sure to get to bed by 10 every night. I had to break up with my last GF because she couldn't accept the amount of time I was able to spend with her.

In the spring I'll be studying engineering part time while working full time. I'll switch to full time school and part time work when my wife finishes her degree.

Jeff, you are sooooooo good boyfriend, I wish to find one like you.