• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

AP Physics Exams

• Thread starter Jay Deepak
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hey guys.
I'm currently a rising senior just starting my college applications. My junior year I took 6 AP exams: Calc BC (5&5), Physics C: Mechanics (5), English Language (5), US History (5), Physics 1 (4), and Biology (4). I only took 5 classes, however, all except c mechanics. Using my calc skills, the knowledge from physics 1, and a little self studying, I took the c mech exam. That being said, I'm not sure how I got a 4 on physics 1 but a 5 on c mech, as I believed c mech is harder (though the curve is a lot less demanding). I assume it was because I blew off physics 1 and didn't study much for it and just wasn't prepared the day of the exam. Since I got a 5 on mechanics, though, is it worth sending the 4 on physics 1 to colleges, or is it okay if I just send physics c?
Also, in case you were wondering, I will also be taking physics 2 this year and self studying for the C: E&M exams (my school doesn't offer the physics c classes, lol).
Thanks for your help!

Answers and Replies

Choppy
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Maybe it's different where you are but I don't think you have a choice in the matter. Don't most universities require all transcripts?

Maybe it's different where you are but I don't think you have a choice in the matter. Don't most universities require all transcripts?
No you're allowed to choose what scores to send. Most colleges let you self report.