Apostol's Calculus I-III: Is It Worth the Price?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Jameson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculus
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Jameson
Insights Author
Gold Member
MHB
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
13
I've read here and on other sites that Apostol's Calculus I-III books are remarkable. Is this the general consensus? I want an extremely rigorous math book. I've been using Larson, Hostetler, and Edwards which is good, but not detailed enough for me. Apostol's books are extremely expensive. Where's the best place to buy books like this?

Thanks for your advice.
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Apostol is very difficult. More like an analysis text than you're standard calculus text.
 
apostol books are superb. here is vol one for you for $30.

Calculus. Volume 1: Introduction, with Vectors and Analytic Geometry
Apostol, Tom M. Bookseller: Zubal Books
(Cleveland, OH, U.S.A.) Price: US$ 30.00
[Convert Currency] Shipping within U.S.A.:
US$ 6.50
[Rates & Speeds] Add Book to Shopping Basket

Book Description: NY: Blaisdell Publishing Company 1962, 1962. FIRST EDITION, 3rd printing, 515 pp., hardback, covers lightly worn, ex library, else text and binding clean, tight and bright. Bookseller Inventory # ZB475731

and they have a copy of courant and john for even less:

Introduction to Calculus and Analysis. Volume One (ISBN: 0470178604)
Courant, Richard, & Fritz John Bookseller: Zubal Books
(Cleveland, OH, U.S.A.) Price: US$ 24.44
[Convert Currency] Shipping within U.S.A.:
US$ 6.50
[Rates & Speeds] Add Book to Shopping Basket

Book Description: NY: Interscience 1965, 1965. Volume 1; 661 pp., hardback, previous owner's name to front free endpaper else v.g. in good dustjacket. Bookseller Inventory # ZB472130
 
Last edited: