App suggestions for practicing mathematics?

• Thread starter orb_yt
  • Start date
I was browsing the Play Store early this morning looking for a quality app that would allow me to practice and learn various mathematic topics on my mobile device. Surprisingly, none of the results were very good. There were a few basic "flash card" type applications with basic arithmetic, and some apps for kids.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality app to practice various mathematic topics on my mobile device?

Answers and Replies

What level are you looking for?

I noticed that this thread was moved from the Math forums to Computing..I don't think this was the right move.

Regardless, beginner to intermediate/advanced. Something more difficult than the basic arithmetic found in the apps that were returned in the search results that seemed to be geared for kids.

Elevate is the one and only choice for me, check it out, it might be what you're looking for. It provides awesomely designed and prepared math-related (and many other) challenges that start simple and get more complicated depending on how good is your progress. Although, as one of the posters above mentioned, depends on the type of math you seek to practice.

Elevate is the one and only choice for me, check it out, it might be what you're looking for. It provides awesomely designed and prepared math-related (and many other) challenges that start simple and get more complicated depending on how good is your progress. Although, as one of the posters above mentioned, depends on the type of math you seek to practice.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that's exactly what I'm looking for. Elevate seems similar to general "Brain Training" apps like Luminosity where it's really just memory games and such.

I'm essentially looking for the Duolingo of math.