Applying Algebraic Topology, Geometry to Nonabelian Gauge Theory

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
zahero_2007
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
I 've been reading about Homotopy , homology and abstract lie groups and diff.forms and I would like to see those beautiful ideas applied on a Nonabelian Gauge Theory . Any recommendations for a textbook that apply these ideas to gauge theory ? Text books on particle Physics and QFT do not mention that . To be specific I want a text that use Algebraic Topology , Geometry and Differential Geometry to study deeply nonabelian gauge theories
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Thanks but what abt algebraic geometry ? Is it used in theoretical physics research?
 


zahero_2007 said:
Thanks but what abt algebraic geometry ? Is it used in theoretical physics research?

Yes, for example it's fundamental to twistor theory and played a large part in the AHDM construction for instantons.