Archeologists dreams, massive discoveries in Egypt

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dreams
In summary, an infrared satellite survey has revealed 17 lost pyramids, along with over 1,000 tombs and 3,100 settlements, that will provide work for 50 generations to come. The conversation also mentions the use of IR imagery to find buried objects and the advanced skills of the ancient Egyptians, demonstrated by their perfectly symmetrical and intricately crafted stone vases and vessels. There is also a mention of the Djedi robot exploring behind Gantenbrink's door in the Great Pyramid.
Andre
Infrared satellite survey reveals 17 lost pyramids

Work for years to come.

The stunning findings include more than 1,000 tombs and 3,100 settlements.

... There is enough to be excavated for 50 generations to come.

Maybe we can change jobs.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are these complete pyramids that are buried?

It doesn't say so but that's most likely. In my profession we used to use IR airborne imagery to find buried objects, due to different specific heat and heating/cooling ratios, due to inhomogenities in the soil.

zoobyshoe said:

They're most likely mastabas.

zoobyshoe said:

Evo said:
They're most likely mastabas.

Here and there, I've seen images of extremely weathered mastabas, or very truncated step-pyramids, appearing out of those drifting sands of Egypt. Sadly, many will have been looted. But hopefully some will be found that are intact!

There's no doubt the pyramid builders were relatively quite advanced; spiritually, socially and technically.

I've maintained an off-and-on technical interest in ancient Egypt for a fairly long time. When a touring Old Kingdom exhibit came to Seattle a number of years ago, I made a point to carefully look at some incredibly beautiful small stone vases and vessels.

Among them were some made of material identified as diorite, with narrowed necks, hollowed out inside. Some had longer, fluted necks. The walls, all the way down and around the base, were almost paper-thin, nearly translucent, and perfectly symmetrical. To my trained machinists eye, they could only have been turned on a lathe (or spindle), with some kind of hardened tool bit, and a great deal of time, patience and skill. I would be very impressed to see anyone today - or since Old Kingdom times - duplicate this work, really engineering, with a copper tool.

Respectfully,
Steve

Last edited:

1. What do archeologists hope to uncover in Egypt?

Archeologists have long been fascinated with ancient Egypt and hope to uncover artifacts, tombs, and other remains that offer insight into the culture, beliefs, and daily life of this ancient civilization.

2. What are some of the most significant discoveries made by archeologists in Egypt?

Some of the most significant discoveries made by archeologists in Egypt include the tombs of pharaohs such as Tutankhamun and Ramesses II, the Great Sphinx, and the ancient city of Alexandria.

3. How do archeologists determine the age of their findings in Egypt?

Archeologists use a variety of methods to determine the age of their findings in Egypt, including carbon dating, pottery analysis, and examining the layers of sediment in which the artifacts were found.

4. What challenges do archeologists face when conducting excavations in Egypt?

Archeologists face many challenges when conducting excavations in Egypt, including extreme heat, sandstorms, and navigating restrictions and regulations set by the Egyptian government.

5. What can we learn from the dreams of archeologists in relation to their discoveries in Egypt?

While dreams may play a role in sparking an archeologist's interest in a particular area or site, the discoveries made in Egypt are based on scientific evidence and research rather than dreams.