Are Kilts Only for Men with Scottish Heritage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
73 replies · 17K views
So, Sif-duh-FEEYAH-guru.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Triple_D said:
Oh come on, Dave. You don't seriously think I'm making this up out of ignorance, do you?
No. I'm saying you are speaking for your fellow countrymen when you say they wouldn't know the difference. Not sure they'd be happy with your assessment of their ignorance.
:wink:
 
There's a saying, not sure where I've heard it from, but it says: 'only a MAN can fill his clothes'

... I can only imagine what it means... :biggrin:


Jokes aside, I believe it only indicates to one's confidence.


image.php?u=6780&dateline=1294610660.jpg


:cool:
 
drizzle said:
There's a saying, not sure where I've heard it from, but it says: 'only a MAN can fill his clothes'

... I can only imagine what it means... :biggrin:


Jokes aside, I believe it only indicates to one's confidence.

I think it originated with B-17 crews, explaining why they bloused their pants when flying bombing missions (they didn't want the floors of the plane getting too slippery).
 
DaveC426913 said:
I'm saying you are speaking for your fellow countrymen when you say they wouldn't know the difference.

There is no difference. A kilt is a type of skirt. Or did you not take the time to read the definitions I referenced for you? :wink:

Clearly we are destined to disagree on this one, so I'm done with it. Taking a moment to change the subject (and with apologies to the OP, for doing so)...what's up with your boat? How are the repairs going?
 
Triple_D said:
There is no difference. A kilt is a type of skirt. Or did you not take the time to read the definitions I referenced for you? :wink:

Clearly we are destined to disagree on this one, so I'm done with it.
And just in time! Can't really argue with references can I?

Triple_D said:
Taking a moment to change the subject (and with apologies to the OP, for doing so)...what's up with your boat? How are the repairs going?

Repairs are goin' great! My fibreglassing skills are awesome! Check this out:

Before:

0008r07b.jpg


After:
IMG_0019c.jpg
 
Last edited:
Only the manliest of men would ever ware a kilt. I on the other hand don't think I can because it's just not the social norm...(damn I hate the social norm)

I'd probably ware one in the comfort of my own home
 
DaveC426913 said:
My fibreglassing skills are awesome!

If not for the fact I trust you, I would say it is a completely different boat.

Sadly the image is too large and breaks forum formatting. I understand the boat is large, but it should be really possible to resize the picture.
 
Borek said:
If not for the fact I trust you, I would say it is a completely different boat.

Of course it's the same boat. How many boats have wheels?

Personally, I'd rather wear a toga than a kilt.
 
BobG said:
Of course it's the same boat. How many boats have wheels?

Personally, I'd rather wear a toga than a kilt.

But it has 4 wheels in the first picture, and only 3 in the second.
Anyhow, he's wearing a split kilt in that photo. Some men didn't like the wind ringing their chimes, so they ran a stitch up the centre as a baffle.
 
BobG said:
Personally, I'd rather wear a toga than a kilt.

Either way, don't walk over a subway vent.
 
Loren Booda said:
Either way, don't walk over a subway vent.

And if you do, change your name to Marilyn.
 
Borek said:
If not for the fact I trust you...
:bugeye::devil:

It's six feet longer.
 
DaveC426913 said:
It's six feet longer.

I assume that you are referring to either your nose or your long-distance plan. If your tongue is the subject matter, I don't want to witness the rest of the conversation.
And yes, I structured this to fall within forum guidelines.