Are most of the YouTube videos fakes?

In summary, people who make prank videos often pay actors to make fake videos that seem spontaneous. These videos often have poor quality because the creators rely on fake jokes and tricks.
Grands
Hi guys.
I noticed that online there are a lots of explication about the fact that many famous you tubers post fake video.
They post video that seems spontaneous, but it seems that it isn't like that, because they pay actors to play.

What do you think ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi @Grands,

When you make statements like these please provide references so we know who said that they are fake and what is your definition of fake is.

There is a monetary side of youtube where based on clicks you earn money. This has attracted many folks who like working independently. In some cases as the channel develops more and more subscribers then they expand their production team to include actors, writers, directors and producers.

People like Romaatwoods123 ( I made intentionally a spelling mistake to not make publicity ).

Grands said:
People like Romaatwoods123 ( I made intentionally a spelling mistake to not make publicity ).
So you are asked for a reference or link, and you intentionally do not provide a link?

Grands said:
I reckon no one knows who this is especially when you don't type the name correctly.

It's not about this, I'm talking about people that make prank video and the really is that their jokes are fakes, because they pay actors.
Examples are Romanatwoods, vitalyzdtv, Logan Paul, Jake Paul, fouseyTUBE etc..

Let's start with what your thoughts are on the subject. Is this illegal or against youtube policy?

Grands said:
It's not about this, I'm talking about people that make prank video and the really is that their jokes are fakes, because they pay actors.
Examples are Romanatwoods, vitalyzdtv, Logan Paul, Jake Paul, fouseyTUBE etc..

I think intentionally misleading your viewers is morally wrong. But that doesn't stop everyone. There are some who just don't care.
Whether this is illegal or not is not something I know much about.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Let's start with what your thoughts are on the subject. Is this illegal or against youtube policy?
No, it's about the fact that I was following some of them, but when I discovered that they are fake I started to understand that their content has poor quality.

Youtube was born to "broadcast yourself", just to show something about you that is not fake, if you don't has something important to say you shouldn't post.
The problem is that they earn money, and they try to reach more subscribers with all their forces.

What I would like is to see more "amatorial" videos, that are made by common people.
Now people maybe hesitate to create an Youtube channel because they think that no one will watch at them, because they don't have the tool to compete with others.
So Youtube is becoming like the TV..this is sad

Most Youtube prank videos are often re-enactments as its too hard to get a video the first time around unless its a stunt gone bad.

I do feel that you have a too narrow view of Youtube. Its true initially that most videos posted were amateurish but as these pioneers honed their skills and the video editing tools improved then they were able to design and compose better videos and that's what gets people to view them. There are many great STEM and computer science related channels on Youtube that I check out when I can and that's the main reason I watch Youtube.

Likes Grands
For me is a good way to learn new things about outside Italy.
I'm very curious about almost everything and I can't stop discovering new things.

Grands said:
What I would like is to see more "amatorial" videos, that are made by common people.

I would bet that there are more amateur videos being uploaded to youtube per day now than at any time in the past.

Grands said:
Now people maybe hesitate to create an Youtube channel because they think that no one will watch at them, because they don't have the tool to compete with others.

This has been an issue from the very start. Or at least from anytime after youtube became popular. And so what if people have this fear? They need to overcome it and try if they want to succeed. And that goes for anything in life. There is nothing in life that matters that is "easy" to succeed at. Just because something is more competitive now that it may have been in the past is not necessarily a bad thing.

Likes Grands
Grands said:
No, it's about the fact that I was following some of them, but when I discovered that they are fake I started to understand that their content has poor quality.

Youtube was born to "broadcast yourself", just to show something about you that is not fake, if you don't has something important to say you shouldn't post.
The problem is that they earn money, and they try to reach more subscribers with all their forces.

So Youtube is becoming like the TV..this is sad

I was about late teens by the time I started understanding what media is...

I watch comparatively, a lot of yt, and I'm sure you know this is an old "reveal", old news. That said it's been fun keeping in touch periodically with popular yt vids and watching it evolve...I LOVE this aspect

Sailing channel's! Peeps sail the world funded by viewers

here's a couple

top quality production all around...SV Delos in particular imo.

oh and car reviews

oh and spacetime related physics, PBS has some of the best content and remarkably accurate and carefully worded...here you will not find someone saying and doing anything for your attention for their means to and end...

Last edited:
Likes Grands

1. What is the definition of a "fake" YouTube video?

A "fake" YouTube video is one that has been intentionally altered or manipulated in some way to misrepresent the content or deceive viewers. This can include anything from editing footage to add misleading information, to using special effects to create a false scenario.

2. How common are fake YouTube videos?

It is difficult to determine an exact number, but it is safe to say that fake YouTube videos are becoming increasingly common. With the rise of easy-to-use video editing software and the pressure to create viral content, more and more people are creating fake videos for entertainment or attention.

3. What are some red flags to look out for when trying to identify a fake YouTube video?

Some red flags to look out for include: poor video quality or editing, clickbait titles and thumbnails, inconsistent or unbelievable storylines, and a lack of credible sources or evidence. Keep in mind that these are not definitive signs of a fake video, but they can help you be more cautious when watching.

4. How can I verify if a YouTube video is real or fake?

The best way to verify if a YouTube video is real or fake is to do some research. Look for information from credible sources, such as news articles or interviews with the creator. You can also try reaching out to the creator directly for more information. Additionally, pay attention to the comments section and see if other viewers have raised any concerns about the video's authenticity.

5. Are there any consequences for creating and sharing fake YouTube videos?

Yes, there can be consequences for creating and sharing fake YouTube videos. Depending on the severity of the deception, the creator may face legal action or have their video removed by YouTube. In some cases, the creator's reputation may also be affected, leading to a loss of viewers and subscribers. It is important to always be truthful and transparent when creating content on any platform.