Are there any easy-to-understand books to supplement my electromagnetics course?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ASIC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electromagnetics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
ASIC
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone, I'm currently enrolled in an electromagnetics course and find the text... decent. I was wondering if anyone knew of any easy-to-read type books I can use to supplement for my course. The book I use is full of equations and stuff, which is fine; I'm just looking for more of a explanation (Kinda like the ...for dummies) books. Thanks.

The book I use now is "Field and Wave Electromagnetics, 2e, David K. Cheng."
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Cool handle, ASIC. Welcome to the PF. My E&M books are at work and I'm at home, but I'll try to reply tomorrow with my most-used books. One is Hayt and one is Plonus, I think, but I'll need to check.
 
Electricity and Magnetism, in the Berkeley Physics Series, is a very readable and physical intro book from Nobel prize winner Edward Purcell. One of its strengths is to show how magnetism is the relativistic manifestation of the Coulomb electric force. Only drawback from engineering standpoint is use of Gaussian units, which however put E and B on equal (relativistic) footing. There are lots of inexpensive used copies floating around.