Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are there any peer reviewed sources of a theory which calls for a smaller

1. Mar 20, 2012 #1
    Are there any peer reviewed sources of a theory which calls for a smaller....

Are there any supported theories that call for a smaller, more accessible cosmos?

Is anyone important suggesting that our fundamental understanding might be so wrong that we have an incorrect idea on the size and accessibility of the universe? Im asking because I was thinking about how the size of the universe + the light speed limit is the creators way of separating the species like at a zoo. Which is kind of a depressing idea :( Soooo in the spirt of physics that fits my preference of how the universe SHOULD work, provide a dude with some links.

Edit :While reading the rules I saw that over speculation is not allowed. Please do not speculate on the merit of these theories, just provide some links to sources or explain the theories yourself :) THANKS

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2012 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Re: Are there any peer reviewed sources of a theory which calls for a smaller....

Physics does not deal with how people feel the world should work, it only deals with how the world actually works. By definition, theories on subjects that are beyond the realms of our current study of physics are speculation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook