Are there any peer reviewed sources of a theory which calls for a smaller

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter =entropy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Sources Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
=entropy
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Are there any peer reviewed sources of a theory which calls for a smaller...

Are there any supported theories that call for a smaller, more accessible cosmos?

Is anyone important suggesting that our fundamental understanding might be so wrong that we have an incorrect idea on the size and accessibility of the universe? I am asking because I was thinking about how the size of the universe + the light speed limit is the creators way of separating the species like at a zoo. Which is kind of a depressing idea :( Soooo in the spirt of physics that fits my preference of how the universe SHOULD work, provide a dude with some links.

Edit :While reading the rules I saw that over speculation is not allowed. Please do not speculate on the merit of these theories, just provide some links to sources or explain the theories yourself :) THANKS
 
Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org


=entropy said:
Are there any supported theories that call for a smaller, more accessible cosmos?

Is anyone important suggesting that our fundamental understanding might be so wrong that we have an incorrect idea on the size and accessibility of the universe? I am asking because I was thinking about how the size of the universe + the light speed limit is the creators way of separating the species like at a zoo. Which is kind of a depressing idea :( Soooo in the spirt of physics that fits my preference of how the universe SHOULD work, provide a dude with some links.

Edit :While reading the rules I saw that over speculation is not allowed. Please do not speculate on the merit of these theories, just provide some links to sources or explain the theories yourself :) THANKS

Physics does not deal with how people feel the world should work, it only deals with how the world actually works. By definition, theories on subjects that are beyond the realms of our current study of physics are speculation.