Are there comprehensive books on all known particles in the universe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter land_of_ice
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Particles
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
land_of_ice
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
In the following article, they mention some different types of matter, and particle accelorators, is there a book or some resource that defines all of the types of known particles, so that the article is much more clearer?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20100518/sc_space/whyweexistmatterwinsbattleoverantimatter
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org


I'd recommend David Griffiths' An Introduction to Elementary Particles.

This book is aimed at first/second year undergraduates though, so if you're looking for something a little more accessible to the layman I'd suggest Cindy Schwarz's A Tour of the Subatomic Zoo: A Guide to Particle Physics.

Happy reading :).
 


lilphil1989 said:
I'd recommend David Griffiths' An Introduction to Elementary Particles.

This book is aimed at first/second year undergraduates though, so if you're looking for something a little more accessible to the layman I'd suggest Cindy Schwarz's A Tour of the Subatomic Zoo: A Guide to Particle Physics.

Happy reading :).
Thanks <3 nice books :)