Are These Robot Fights Indicative of a Japanese Technological Takeover?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
20
Robots fighting!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/04/robotsfighting.html

Is this real!? If so, sweet!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It certainly looked real, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how they got enough actuators into that red bugger to account for all of the movements. Even if they used NiTiNOL wire 'muscles', there shouldn't be room in there for the control circuitry. I'd sure like to see more about it.
 
I also noticed that at some moments, it seemed like you could see some signs of editing...
 
That's the problem with low-quality vids. You can't tell what's tampering and what's just lousy photography.
 
Danger, I have been wondering about 'wire muscles' for a long time. Can you give me a link describing the chemistry of it.
-scott
 
Nice catch, Rach. There are also some references to it over in the Engineering section, but I'm not sure exactly where. Astronuc posted a few different links there that are very informative.
 
http://aass.oru.se/cgi-bin/gallery?dir=~zbych/Gallery/RoboOne&nr=30

Dear god, those Japs are going to rule the world one day with their know how. And then all their technology will rule them, and we will be living in the matrix. A Japanese made matrix with space saving cubicles to stack more people up for energy...


OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWTCH

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/KONDO_KHR-1_Robot_Kit.html?ref=8&affiliate_banner_id=1

$1,499 bucks, by you know what...
 
Last edited by a moderator: