Are we given notification for renewal?

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the contributor's concern about their subscription status and whether or not they would be notified for renewal. They also discussed the different forms of contributor status and how to check when they originally signed up. Ultimately, the contributor renewed their subscription and received praise from others for their dedication.
Danger
Gold Member
Just a quick question. I can't remember when I became a contributor, but I suspect that it might be due to expire soon. Are we given notification for renewal?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, doesn't contributor status just come in 1yr and 6yr form?

Here's the e-mail I received when I subscribed:
Subscription Terms:
$25.00 USD for each year

Your subscription will automatically renew at the rates stated above unless you cancel prior to the end of the billing period.

I then canceled the subscription because I didn't want it to automatically renew, but I guess that canceled my current contributor status as well. I messaged Greg and he said that the subscription wouldn't renew itself at the end of the year, and put me on the list manually (I guess).

If you really wanted to know when you signed up you could check your paypal records.

I didn't know that paypal had records. :redface:
I looked it up as suggested. I expired in April. :cry:

It's on its way, Greg.

edit: Okay, I'm paid up again. :approve:

Last edited:
Awwww, I'm proud of you Danger, and all of our other contributors. :approve:

1. What is the process for renewal notification?

The process for renewal notification varies depending on the specific situation. In some cases, individuals may receive a physical letter or email notifying them of the need for renewal. In other cases, they may need to actively check their account or subscription for renewal dates. It is important to read the terms and conditions or policies of the specific service or product to understand the process for renewal notification.

2. Is there a specific time frame for receiving renewal notification?

The time frame for receiving renewal notification also varies depending on the situation. Some services or products may send out renewal notifications weeks or even months in advance, while others may only provide a few days notice. It is important to keep track of renewal dates and set reminders to avoid missing any important deadlines.

3. Can we opt-out of renewal notifications?

In most cases, individuals can opt-out of renewal notifications if they do not wish to continue the service or subscription. This can usually be done through the account settings or by contacting the company directly. However, it is important to note that opting out of renewal notifications may result in missed deadlines and potential disruption of the service or subscription.

4. What happens if we miss the renewal notification?

If an individual misses the renewal notification, they may face consequences such as a lapse in service or subscription, late fees, or even cancellation. It is important to stay on top of renewal dates and contact the company if there are any issues or concerns. Some companies may offer a grace period or allow for a late renewal with additional fees.

5. Are there any automatic renewal options?

Some services or subscriptions may offer automatic renewal options, where they will automatically renew the service or subscription on the designated date without the need for a notification or manual renewal. This can be convenient for individuals who wish to continue the service without any interruption. However, it is important to keep track of these automatic renewals to avoid any unexpected charges.