Are you ready to become a SuperMember with Evo Now?
- Thread starter Moonbear
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
62 replies · 8K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
chroot said:(If you guys had any idea how much time I spent looking for a picture of a nebula that matched my blue title and the site's color scheme, you'd think I was a total nerd. Well, you might have already gotten that idea anyway, I guess.)
- Warren
Well, then you can understand the chaos that will ensue now that over the next several weeks, all of the mentors will need to spend every spare moment hunting high and low for avatars to go with their new green outfits instead of their red outfits.
Nobody told me we were supposed to color-coordinate our avatars to the board color scheme. Well, at least you gave me a nice neutral tan ribbon, so everything matches that. Not like poor Gokul who will never be able to match anything other than the lime green quote buttons.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 7,232
- 66
Well, then you can understand the chaos that will ensue now that over the next several weeks, all of the mentors will need to spend every spare moment hunting high and low for avatars to go with their new green outfits instead of their red outfits.
And, the problem is?
Just call me ... Ahead of my time!
Wow, the more I look at it the better I like it!
Last edited:
Smurf
- 497
- 3
.....What is it?
Smurf
- 497
- 3
Don't worry franz, I got it. So it wasn't wasted.franznietzsche said:just put 3 X's before the word devious in the definition of imp.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,564
- 24
Evo said:I still don't feel right being called a super mentor. I always considered them to be the smartest and wisest.
Oh, bless you Evo.
hurkyl said:Wait a minute... you mean that all this time you didn't have power over me? Bah, all the things I could have done!
Who do you think you're fooling? Everyone knows that you are the PF Good Boy.
Boulderhead said:So you were forced to send hypnagogue a warning via PM instead, right?
Ha! He wishes. I went to his house to warn him personally.
(j/k hyp
)Moonbear said:Sorry. I'll try to avoid being philosophical in the future.
His username rhymes with "-ingo-id"
Last edited:
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
Smurf said:Don't worry franz, I got it. So it wasn't wasted.
I'll survive i suppose.
gerben
- 511
- 1
to most, I guess, it will stay totally incomprehensible...
I do not know any definitions of imp with the word devious in them...
for example the only (somewhat) adequate definition from dictionary.com is:
n 1: (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous [syn: elf, hob, gremlin, pixie, pixy, brownie] 2: one who is playfully mischievous [syn: scamp, monkey, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag]
so that would make:
XXX fairies that are somewhat mischievous...
So what?
I do not know any definitions of imp with the word devious in them...
for example the only (somewhat) adequate definition from dictionary.com is:
n 1: (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous [syn: elf, hob, gremlin, pixie, pixy, brownie] 2: one who is playfully mischievous [syn: scamp, monkey, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag]
so that would make:
XXX fairies that are somewhat mischievous...
So what?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,197
- 38
Moonbear said:Not like poor Gokul who will never be able to match anything other than the lime green quote buttons.
Perhaps you speak too soon. Is there not some conspiracy in the works to change the entire board to a uniform green colour?
BoulderHead
Supreme Beings, Deities and Lesser Deities…
...It's all good stuff by this entity.
...It's all good stuff by this entity.
Homework Helper
- 195
- 2
Yup, pretty soon we'll[/color] have green backgrounds,[/color] and after that only green[/color] text available for posts.[/color] Bringing up PF will turn[/color] your screen a uniform green.[/color] Fortunately someone in Theory[/color] Development has come[/color] up with lenses that can sort[/color] photons based on their[/color] intentions—if you wear them[/color] you'll be able to tell which[/color] photons intend to[/color] communicate text, as opposed[/color] to those which just communicate background.[/color]cepheid said:Perhaps you speak too soon. Is there not some conspiracy in the works to change the entire board to a uniform green colour?![]()
marlon
- 3,779
- 11
Congrats on your promotion EVO
regards
marlon
ps : when can I become mentor ? :) :)
regards
marlon
ps : when can I become mentor ? :) :)
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
plover said:Yup, pretty soon we'll[/color] have green backgrounds,[/color] and after that only green[/color] text available for posts.[/color] Bringing up PF will turn[/color] your screen a uniform green.[/color] Fortunately someone in Theory[/color] Development has come[/color] up with lenses that can sort[/color] photons based on their[/color] intentions—if you wear them[/color] you'll be able to tell which[/color] photons intend to[/color] communicate text, as opposed[/color] to those which just communicate background.[/color]
Just bloody cruel on my eyes.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
marlon said:Congrats on your promotion EVO
regards
marlon
ps : when can I become mentor ? :) :)
I think it's fair to congratulate EVERYBODY.
Daniel.
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
dextercioby said:I think it's fair to congratulate EVERYBODY.
Daniel.
Just so you know, you suck at subtlety.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
This time i didn't mean to be subtle...I'll let you know everytime i am subtle...
Daniel.
Daniel.
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
dextercioby said:This time i didn't mean to be subtle...I'll let you know everytime i am subtle...![]()
![]()
Daniel.
My point exactly.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
There was one Guru badge that was not awarded. It was for "most improved member".brewnog said:Can I have a brown "Crap Mentor" badge please? I promise I will only ever use it to mislead or annoy people.
How'd you like to have that badge under your name? Kind of implies that you used to suk, eh?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
gerben said:to most, I guess, it will stay totally incomprehensible...
I do not know any definitions of imp with the word devious in them...
for example the only (somewhat) adequate definition from dictionary.com is:
n 1: (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous [syn: elf, hob, gremlin, pixie, pixy, brownie] 2: one who is playfully mischievous [syn: scamp, monkey, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag]
so that would make:
XXX fairies that are somewhat mischievous...
So what?
(Note to self: watch what I say around Franz, he's onto me.)[/size]
marlon
- 3,779
- 11
franznietzsche said:Just so you know, you suck at subtlety.
true words of wisdom...
marlon
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,751
- 8
Evo said:There was one Guru badge that was not awarded. It was for "most improved member".
How'd you like to have that badge under your name? Kind of implies that you used to suk, eh?![]()
I get called "special" lots, if that's an adequate qualification? Hell, I'd love that badge!
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Hmmmm, I wonder if it's too late? You'd win automatically because no mentors nominated anyone. It just didn't seem right. It is kind of funny.brewnog said:I get called "special" lots, if that's an adequate qualification? Hell, I'd love that badge!
So, you want to be on the PF short bus, eh?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,287
- 3
chroot said:(If you guys had any idea how much time I spent looking for a picture of a nebula that matched my blue title and the site's color scheme, you'd think I was a total nerd. Well, you might have already gotten that idea anyway, I guess.)
I must be on the same level of nerdiness, because I'm mildly upset that my avatar no longer matches my mentor colors. It's worth it now that I can fly and have X-ray vision, though.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,287
- 3
Tom Mattson said:Ha! He wishes. I went to his house to warn him personally.
I tried to get a restraining order, but the courts told me that Tom was in a protected usergroup.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 3,397
- 3
All brewnogs are special; this PF member is special, thus this PF member is a brewnog.brewnog said:I get called "special" lots, if that's an adequate qualification? Hell, I'd love that badge!
All Evos are special; this Evo is an Evo, therefore this Evo is special.
All hyps issue restraining orders against Toms; this Tom issued a restraining order, so hyp is a Tom.
Or maybe I should use quantum logic?
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
- 1,840
- 5
You know, before you get too excited, this just means you have more responsibilities. Now you mentor every forum.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
We're still only mentoring our own forums but now if Integral sees a post here in GD that should be moved to homework help, he can move it. Before, he would have to advise me that I needed to move the post and wait for me to get online and do it. We can now handle anything we come across real time.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 7,232
- 66
I think this will be a real help in cleaning up misplaced and inapproiate posts. I personally will only intervene in other forums if the main mentors for that forum is not available.
I am pretty good at moving things to homework help!
I am pretty good at moving things to homework help!
Similar threads
- NateSprague62
- · Replies 3 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 3
- fresh_42
- · Replies 57 ·
- Math Proof Training and Practice
- Replies
- 57
- CosmicKitten
- · Replies 38 ·
- Differential Geometry
- Replies
- 38
- AstroRoyale
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Astronuc
- · Replies 4 ·
- Science and Math Textbooks
- Replies
- 4
- Andraz Cepic
- · Replies 6 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 6
- Gib Z
- · Replies 271 ·
- Calculus
- Replies
- 271
- ZapperZ
- · Replies 12 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 12
- tribdog
- · Replies 3 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 3
- ZapperZ
- · Replies 2 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 2