Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are you teaching yourself physics and maths?

1. teaching yourself physics and mathematics.

12 vote(s)
  2. being taught physics and mathematics.

3 vote(s)
  1. Mar 13, 2007 #1
    I am curious how many humans on this forum are teaching themselves physics and mathematics. Thus, are you being taught or are you teaching yourself physics and mathematics?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2007 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm being taught and I teach myself mathematics.

I'll have to come back to the world of physics later on it my life.
  4. Mar 13, 2007 #3
    I just finished a college prep course. Until this fall, I'm studying on my own to build and strengthen my skills. I want to study physics and mathematics, and eventually chemistry. But circumstances suggest that programming might be a better career choice for me.

But wow! The more I get into these math and physics books, the more I love it. I never knew how beautiful and fascinating it all is. I've been dipping into Pickover's A Passion for Mathematics. That's the kind of book I wish I had back in high school.
  5. Mar 13, 2007 #4
    I'm being taught math, and I am teaching myself physics.
  6. Mar 13, 2007 #5
    I am taught mathematics in the sense that I take math classes and ask my instructors questions. However, most of the work comes from me sitting down reading the book and doing the exercises, so in a sense I teach myself mathematics (and the same can probably be said of most people).
  7. Mar 14, 2007 #6

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I hope that I'm not so old, and so caught up with other aspects of life, that I've stopped teaching myself physics, math, and other stuff.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?