Area of quadrilateral knowing 3 sides and 2 angles

  • Thread starter Thread starter j9mom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Angles Area
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 7K views
j9mom
Messages
31
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Is there an equation in which I can find the area of a quadrilateral when I know the length of three of the sides and 2 of the angles? Also I really need to find the measurement of the other two angles.


Homework Equations

I know the cos and sin formulas of triangles, and may be I can use that but I do not know how to start

The lengths I know are 15, 12 & 2 and the angles I know are 120 degrees between the 12 and 2 and 120 degrees between the 15 and the side I don't know.



The Attempt at a Solution



I really need a nudge to start.. this is a small portion of a much bigger problem.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Draw a picture. Find the area of the bottom trapezoid and top triangle then add them.
 
OK, let me try that. I never thought of a trapezoid. Thanks.