1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AS Practise Chemistry coursework question

1. Mar 18, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Write an equation in words to show relationship between mass concentration, molar concentration and molar mass and give a short explanation.

2. Relevant equations

I understand that the equation is:

molar mass = Mass concentration/Molar concentration

3. The attempt at a solution

Where it says 'give a short explanation', what exactly does it want me to say? Does it have something to do with the equation no. moles = Mass/Mr?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I would put the equation in the form

[tex]\text{molar concentration} = \frac{\text{mass concentration}}{\text{molar mass}}[/tex]

in which case it is much more obvious why it is related to the other equation you listed.

4. Mar 18, 2012 #3
    Thank you very much!

I'm not too good at all this terminology, so could you help me a bit more?

Does rearranging the equation to what you've stated mean that it is the same as the equation no. moles = Mass/Mr? Is this the 'short explanation' the question requires?

Thanks for the help,
    Ben.

5. Mar 18, 2012 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

It is not the same but the analogy is obvious. You may try to write both equations with units and see how they differ.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook