1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Asking for help in neuroscience`s self-study

1. Jul 7, 2010 #1
    Hi everyone!

I`m an undergraduate who has always been interested in neuroscience, though i`m currently studying Maths. I`ve decided to post in this forum as i`d seen some useful advice with regard to that topic.
    Anyway, my request would be the next: do you think it is possible to learn a quite amount of neuroscience (with a focus on its theoretical side) while doing my degree? Then, if so, what books would you recommend for self-study? A list with some of them would be very appreciated (i have in mind things like the kandel`s "principles of neuroscience" to begin with, but i have no idea about how to go deeper).
    And, finally, being more specific, do you know about books that provide a kind of step by step approach to theoretical neuroscience, covering the Mathematical methods used in understanding the brain?

Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2010 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

"theoretical neuroscience" by Dayan.
    "dynamical systems in neuroscience" by Izhikivech
    "the handbook of brain theory and neural networks" by Arbib

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook