1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bad idea? Taking Statics and Dynamics simulatneously

1. Jan 3, 2010 #1
    I'm considering this for summer at my local university (it doesn't have summer I or summer II options). Is it possible to do dynamics and statics all at once?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2010 #2
    I took dynamics first, and the textbook we used was actually a statics textbook followed by a dynamics book all in one binding (basically, it was meant to be taught in sequence). From what I remember, the first half of statics was pretty easy and almost like a review of dynamics (except we didn't have to worry about acceleration!) and the second half was a bit more challenging, but still pretty easy.

That said, I took both through the engineering department rather than physics and I heard that when dynamics was taught by a physics professor it was much harder and they covered different material. I would recommend talking to/emailing the professors who are teaching the courses to see what they think.

4. Jan 3, 2010 #3
    At my university, Statics and Dynamics are combined in one course.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook