Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Be afraid, be very afraid of a SCARF!

1. May 28, 2008 #1

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Be afraid, be very afraid...of...a....SCARF!

Rachael Ray's Scarf Terrifies Nation!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24860437/

Laughable, except it really happened.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2008 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"distinctive hate couture"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4. May 28, 2008 #3

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I saw this on Countdown tonight. This is ridiculous. This is the worst case of xenophobia I have ever seen. It is even worse that Duncan Donuts actually gave in and pulled the ad off the air.

We need a new amendment to the Constitution-The Freedom of Scarves Amendment!:biggrin:

5. May 28, 2008 #4
    Unfortunately american corporations are cowards and wont stand up for themselves if they think it may in any way hurt their profits.

6. May 28, 2008 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Did they fire the Fox news reporter for being stupid?

7. May 29, 2008 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

Heck no!!! That's one of the requirements for being hired at Faux News!! :biggrin:

8. May 29, 2008 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So wearing a cheesy dinner jacket could suggest that one is an Iranian terrorist?

We had better hope that no terrorists wear Blue Jeans!

9. May 29, 2008 #8
    You must be kidding me, right? "Murderous Palestinian jihad" ?? What is wrong with you people, don't you ever rationalize your arguments? Did the West became such an phobic place that even now scarves terrify you?...And what's that Murderous Jihad this guy's talking about? The resistance to occupation? Even though I don't approve its methods but still resistance to occupation is a right granted to any people in the planet.

Finally, some sane person speaks.

That's just sad...no comment.

10. May 29, 2008 #9
    Too bad so many people in the world are so ignorant. I personally am embarrassed to be a US citizen when I see crap like this.

11. May 30, 2008 #10

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

this is so bad i am not able to even deal with it enough to formulate a statement. i am crying. i can only manage to suggest that michelle malkin is a dangerous imbecile.

12. May 30, 2008 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

Why would Dunkin' give in to this? I doubt that there were that many people who identified the scarf with terrorism and complained. :confused:

13. May 30, 2008 #12

turbo

Gold Member

I really don't like Rachael Ray or her lame "recipes", but this is off the wall. She couldn't cook herself out of a "best school-lunch" play-off, but she's otherwise not much of a danger to the US.

14. May 30, 2008 #13

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Really, Rachel Ray, clueless tv food show host or terrorist?

Ok, I must admit that what she does to food is sometimes terrifying.

15. May 30, 2008 #14

turbo

Gold Member

But her destructive influence is confined to the dummies that are willing to try her "recipes" - as long as she doesn't branch out into ammonia and nitrogen-based fertilizers, she out to be pretty harmless (and vacuous, as always).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?