1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beginning an engineering degree 2

1. Jun 10, 2009 #1
    I will be beginning my engineering degree in the fall and I am wondering what specific areas of my high school science courses should I review. What will be the most important topics anyways I won't be blowing off my summer to study but I would feel much more comfortable if I reviewed the important stuff before I begin.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2009 #2

djeitnstine

Gold Member

Try using the search function, there are many threads on this topic. When I become not lazy I'll post some here.

4. Jun 10, 2009 #3
    Ya I kinda figured there would be thanks

5. Jun 10, 2009 #4
    Trigonometric review is almost certain for you.

Id say everything in engineering is either trigonometric or something else, 50 % trigonometric.

6. Jun 10, 2009 #5
    All of math. Then physics and chemistry for materials science.

7. Jun 10, 2009 #6
    Is math the most important subject to master?

8. Jun 10, 2009 #7
    The more math you know, and the more understanding you have of it, the easier it will be.

I say learn the math then just let your professors teach you their applications.

9. Jun 10, 2009 #8
    I'm a mechanical engineering senior, started school after a 6 year break in education. Some trig and calculus should do you fine. However, with that said, you really shouldn't stress it, you will be taught everything you need to know, and the beginning of every course holds your hand through the material/gives review of previous information.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook