1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Best courses to major in if I lean towards theoretical physics as a career goal?

1. Oct 6, 2012 #1
    I'm not sure if anyone knows what I mean by saying my desire is to hypothesis and experiment, and build upon the basis of other theorems.

I wonder if majoring in physics with a concentration on astrophysics are the proper choices in relation to my desired career path. I suppose I'm leaning heavily towards theoretical physics, although, I believe that may require a doctorate???

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2012 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You want to be a theoretical physicist?

Do Physics.

4. Oct 6, 2012 #3
    Nice. So I guess I'm on the right track. Now I hope I can stick with it! I was reading up on basic physics equations and formulas and I definitely have some brushing up to continue with lol.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook