Best Flimsy Textbooks (paperback books)

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for good textbooks that are lightweight and easy to read on public transportation, specifically for topics such as classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, group theory, number theory, and analysis. The recommendation of Feynman's QED paperback and Dover Publications as a source for inexpensive paperbacks on various physics topics is also mentioned.
newguy220
Hello all, I was wondering what are some good textbooks that are flimsy (not hard cover and printed on cheap paper so lightweight) that can be read on the train and the bus easily (the dimensions doesn't matter to me, all that is required is for it to be flimsy). I need such textbooks for classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, group theory, number theory and for analysis on R^N. I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for such textbooks or if you have any favorite flimsy textbooks of your own you would like to share. Thanks! :D

Physics news on Phys.org
Dover Publications has inexpensive paperbacks on most topics in physics. Take a look at their website.

Likes newguy220 and The Bill

1. What are flimsy textbooks?

Flimsy textbooks are paperback books that are made with thin and low-quality paper, making them less durable and prone to damage.

2. Why are flimsy textbooks considered "best"?

Flimsy textbooks are often considered "best" because they are more affordable compared to hardcover textbooks. They are also lightweight and easy to carry around, making them convenient for students.

3. Are flimsy textbooks of lower quality compared to hardcover textbooks?

Yes, flimsy textbooks are generally of lower quality compared to hardcover textbooks. The thin paper used in flimsy textbooks can easily tear and the covers are not as sturdy. However, the content and information in both types of textbooks are the same.

4. Can flimsy textbooks be used for a long period of time?

Flimsy textbooks may not last as long as hardcover textbooks, but with proper care and handling, they can still be used for a reasonable amount of time. It is important to avoid excessive folding, bending, and spilling on the pages to prolong their lifespan.

5. Are there any disadvantages to using flimsy textbooks?

One of the main disadvantages of using flimsy textbooks is their lack of durability. The thin paper used can easily tear and the covers may not provide enough protection. They may also not hold up well with frequent use and may need to be replaced more often.