Best graduate school for Spintronics and Spin Tnasport Research?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
QEDrpf33
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello,
I'm interested in spin transport and spintronics and I was wondering if anyone knew what the best graduate programs are for these? I will be applying for grad schools soon and would really like your input. Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Look for good schools in condensed matter physics. Check the profs' & research groups' pages to find people working in spintronics, see if you like what they're working on.
 
Not terribly familiar with the field, but is this even a serious research area anymore? It was my impression that nobody has ever even made a good spinFET or, at the very least, they are so hard to make that the majority of papers are theoretical.