Best of Physics Forums : If I were to advice my students to use Physics Forums

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 20K views
dharavsolanki
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
I know there's already a thread named "Best of Physics Forums General Discussion." this is different.

I am going to be teaching a class of 40 from next week for a month and I wanted to give them some reason to stop being lazy and use the net for good returns.

Below I have listed some good proper physics forums threads that I will share with them. Can you add a list of some of your favourite threads that were informative/had a great debate/showed how pf is interactive/how pf can be used a homework help tool?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=361779 [Icecubes melting in a gravity free hall]
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=386231 [P & C - Unlimited balls of 4 varieties]'
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=406183 [Gear ratios - engineering - basics to common sense!]
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=409054 [ln(1 + cosx) integration]

I'm sure you guys have your own favourites! Please share them here, especially the threads which capture the sharing, teaching, discussing spirit at PF!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


The thread is wrongly named! Blame sleep debt!

It should be "...my students to use PF".

The purpose of this thread is to explore some really good threads which can make students realize the imp. of PF and teach them how to make the best use of PF.