1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best problems in a Physics textbook

1. Dec 4, 2011 #1
    Hello, I'm trying to study from Serway-Jewett's text 6th Edition. My problem is that after each chapter there is like 70+ problems and a lot of them are just too direct and a waste of time.. When I know I have to solve 70+ problems on the same subject I just get really unmotivated..

So if there's a list of like 10 to 15 best problems to solve after each chapter that would make life much easier and give me (and other students) more motivation to get to work.. does anyone have that kind of list?

P.S.
    I'm studying Electricity & Magnetism and Thermodynamics. If you have a list available for other general physics textbooks please share.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2011 #2
    griffith intro to electrodynamics, or saslow e&m, i found these two great for studying with

for thermo only book i know is thermo physics by finn

4. Dec 4, 2011 #3
    I'm afraid you got me wrong Liquidxlax.. I'm already using serway-Jewett's.. I want a list of the best problems to solve after these chapters instead of solving all 70 something..

5. Dec 4, 2011 #4
    If you want reallly difficult problems you have Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

6. Dec 4, 2011 #5
    I'm not looking for really difficult problems.. just the best 10 to 15 problems out of the 70+ problems after each chapter in Serway-Jewett's textbook

7. Dec 4, 2011 #6

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Unfortunately, the book doesn't mark the difficulty of the problems. Why not look at them all? If a problem looks too straightforward, skip it. If it makes you think, tackle it.

8. Dec 4, 2011 #7
    seems like what I will have to do..

9. Dec 5, 2011 #8
    You could always go on google books search up em and thermo books or look for pdfs. Then do the questions from those.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook