Roger Muncaster A-Level Physics Textbook (4th edition + more)

In summary, the conversation was about a textbook that the speaker regularly uses for self-education and the need for answers to end of chapter questions. They also mentioned the possibility of obtaining worked solutions for the textbook and for other textbooks. However, it was stated that the website does not share solution manuals and does not recommend sources of questionable origin. The only option suggested was to contact the publisher to inquire about purchasing a solution manual.
James2020
Hello,

This is an invaluable textbook which I regularly use to self-educate myself before teaching students however something that would be particularly useful would be answers to all the end of chapter questions. I know numerical answers are given but that it.

I know it’s unlikely due to the age of the textbook, but does anyone have a full set of worked solutions for it?

As an aside, worked solutions for Practice in physics fourth edition by Akrill & Advanced physics by Steve Adams would also by extremely useful!

Thank you very much for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid we do not share solution manuals. If they exist at all they are probably either copyright protected or of questionable origin. Neither do we want to recommend.

The only valid possibility is to write the publisher and ask whether there is one and how it can be purchased.

James2020 said:
I know it’s unlikely due to the age of the textbook, but does anyone have a full set of worked solutions for it?
We cannot recommend these kind of sources, since nobody has checked their validity.

Thread closed.

1. What topics does the Roger Muncaster A-Level Physics Textbook cover?

The textbook covers a wide range of topics including mechanics, waves, optics, electricity and magnetism, nuclear physics, and thermodynamics.

2. Is the textbook suitable for A-Level Physics students?

Yes, the textbook is specifically designed for A-Level Physics students and covers all the necessary topics for the exam.

3. Are there any additional resources included in the 4th edition of the textbook?

Yes, the 4th edition includes access to online resources such as interactive quizzes, exam-style questions, and additional practice exercises.

4. Is the textbook easy to understand for students with no prior knowledge of physics?

The textbook is written in a clear and concise manner, making it accessible for students with no prior knowledge of physics. It also includes helpful diagrams and examples to aid understanding.

5. Is the 4th edition of the textbook up-to-date with the latest A-Level Physics syllabus?

Yes, the 4th edition of the textbook is updated to cover all the topics and concepts in line with the latest A-Level Physics syllabus.