Best Spur Gears for Ratio .31 under .5" Width, 2.4" OD

  • Thread starter Thread starter SlimJ87D
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gear
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
SlimJ87D
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Mcmaster carr's gears are a bit too wide for my design.

I need a pair of gears to have a ratio of .31, that is around .7" to 2.38"

The widths for the gears can not be any larger than .5" and ideally even less, at Mcmaster Carr they are about 1"

Have to be made of steel.

Cannot be any larger than 2.4" outside diameter.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Boston Gear used to offer a variety of spur gears. Not sure now, but might be worth checking.
 
Give Stock Drive Products a try.

http://www.sdp-si.com/index.asp
 
Last edited by a moderator:
FredGarvin said:
Give Stock Drive Products a try.

http://www.sdp-si.com/index.asp

Wow, thank you very much man, they have a very nice wide selection that I have never seen before. I'm sure I will find it here.

Now to just calculate the failure because I need my gears to survive a simple load of 300lbs. I am building a type of vice to break small samples of metal, quite opposite of what a vice does.
 
Last edited by a moderator: