1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Best textbook for learning quantum mechanics?

1. May 7, 2015 #1
    I am looking for a textbook for learning quantum mechanics.

So, i have never had a course in quantum mechanics(currently in a class called modern physics where they introduce us to modern physics topics, but no qm classes)

So, I was looking for book for self learning. I might take graduate course on QM afterwards or might want to do research in the field.(i know this is a bit much for someone who hasn't taken a class yet,) but if i choose to do those things i want to do really well.

So, which book is best for self learning. if the book reviewed/went over the necessary math as well, that would be really helpfull. Again, i am preety much trying to complete undergrad level by myself(perhaps even a bit more).
    With all the resources online(mit ocw for example) i think i can do it.

So challenging is good. But challenging in a sense that the problems are difficult. NOT if it is challenging
    because it expects me to have prior knowledge and i dont have it. Not that kind of challenging.

So, basiclly, book that is tough but explains things really well. WIll give me very good understanding of topics. prepare me for a graduate level class really really well.

Any you can think of?

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2015 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

4. May 8, 2015 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted