1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Way to Learn Introductory Signal Processing

1. Oct 10, 2014 #1
    Hello PF'ers,
    Does anyone have insight on the best way to learn Signal Processing? I am new to the subject and feel totally lost in my course. Our professor has a teaching style that doesn't work for me. He isn't teaching from a textbook and the notes don't fully explain things. Successful completion of assignments has given me a greater mastery of Matlab, but little insight into theory. Also, on his first test he asked questions I felt were outside the perspective offered in class- I need to learn from somewhere why these questions matter. I should probably state that I learn much better from a textbook than a lecture- if anyone can recommend a good text source that would be great. I have more of a bio background than an EE background if that helps. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2014 #2

analogdesign

Science Advisor

Read this: http://www.dspguide.com/pdfbook.htm

Best book on introductory signal processing ever written. And it's free.

When you want more detail on stuff you can go into the more mathematical treatments as needed.

4. Oct 10, 2014 #3
    Thank You!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook