1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best way to use a solution manual?

1. Apr 25, 2012 #1
    What do you guys think is the best way to use a solution manual while solving problems? I'm asking because I will be studying on my own challenging physics physics problems over the summer and I got the manual for them.

thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2012 #2
    Just curious, what year are you in and what will you be doing to study?

4. Apr 25, 2012 #3
    Freshmen becoming Sophomore. I'm taking Analytical mechanics next semester so I want to make sure I have full mastery of my mechanics skills so I'll probably solve a lot of honors level MIT questions. Also I might do some Edward Purcell problems. Plus I'm self studying intro wave and optics to place out of the class.

5. Apr 25, 2012 #4
    I think honestly its better to look up solutions eventually. Usually I try a problem for maybe 2 hours. If I am not getting progress I put it away for awhile. I usually will not look up a solution for a couple days. I think you get more done if you don't spend days on one problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook