1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Publish your own Solutions Manual?

1. Feb 3, 2015 #1
    Hi,

So several semesters ago I was able to solve every problem from my MATLAB textbook and still have the file. I was wondering what would be the protocol on publishing this material. Not for profit or anything, just host it online some were. I believe that my answers are correct, but I'm sure it's not the bible or anything and would include a statement in the beginning of the code letting people to let me know that if they found a error to contact me. All the solutions are mine and my own material. I had no help from others and solved these problems before actually taking the course under the instructor. I did not included the questions themselves in my file, just the answers. So I don't see why this would be a copy right violation, since all the material is mine.

I've seen other things like this online before were a independent person posts something online of their solutions to all the problems in the book.

I don't want to just delete this solutions manual and would like to share it with others to help them learn the material. I believe that it might also look good on a resume? As self publishing a solutions manual to a degree related course?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2015 #2

DEvens

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe contact the author of the textbook and work out something?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook