Better Acquaint'g Myself w/Gen'l Physics

• Thread starter snickles
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the poster is looking for help with communicating with their instructor and wants to know if it is okay to have an "instructors solution manual."
snickles
Hi everyone,

I am so glad to have found this forum. I am just now starting to look thru the different threads because i need all the help that i can get. i purchased a complete instructor solution manual for my particular general physics textbook [commercial link removed] to help me but i still feel better communicating with others, such as utilizing a site like physicsforums.com, because i think i will learn more - eventually that is.

It is sometimes difficult for me to ask and express to my instructor physics type questions because i do not always know how to word the question without fouling it up somehow, but now i can read how others ask questions on this forum, and i can ask here first which should help me with communicating with my instructor and help me in developing physics communication skills or plain ole' self confidence with respect to physics communication.

I am glad to have found this forum. I will have questions later after I learn how to ask them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, it's spam. I was busy typing a response.

Yeah, I was going to say what's up but I noticed 'commerical link' removed and the fact that there isn't actually any content in the post changed my mind. Even little kids can ask questions if they don't know exactly how to word them, spam spam spam.

The Mentors could not decide for sure if this was a spam, so we decided to simply remove the link but let the thread stand. If this is a spammer, chances are he/she won't be back and this will go away soon enough. If it isn't, then I definitely have plenty of questions to ask this person, especially on the academic legality of having "instructors solution manual".

Zz.

What is "Better Acquaint'g Myself w/Gen'l Physics"?

"Better Acquaint'g Myself w/Gen'l Physics" is a self-study course designed to introduce individuals to the fundamental concepts and principles of general physics. It covers topics such as motion, forces, energy, and electricity.

Who is this course intended for?

This course is intended for anyone who wants to improve their understanding of general physics. It is particularly useful for students who are preparing for standardized tests, such as the SAT or ACT, that include physics questions.

Do I need any prior knowledge of physics to take this course?

No, this course is designed for beginners and assumes no prior knowledge of physics. However, a basic understanding of math and algebra is recommended.

How is this course structured?

The course is divided into modules, each focusing on a specific topic in physics. Each module includes readings, practice problems, and quizzes to help reinforce the concepts learned. There is also a final exam at the end of the course.

Can I receive a certificate or credit for completing this course?

No, this course does not offer any formal certification or credit. It is intended for self-study and personal enrichment purposes only.