Bibliography about remote sensing

In summary, the conversation discusses a small study about measuring the thermal signature of a city and surrounding landscape using satellite imaging. The person asks for book recommendations on the subject and is directed to resources such as the USGS webpage and NASA's satellite projects. They also suggest doing a Google Images search for thermal satellite images. Two additional links are shared for more information.
Frank Einstein
Greetings everybody.

I have been tasked with doing an small (12 pages) study about measuring the thermal signatureof a city and the surrounding landscape with a satellite.
I'm afraid I haven't touched the subject very deeply, and I would thank anybody who would point me to some books which cover the subject.

Thank you very much.

Physics news on Phys.org
One resource that looks pretty good is the USGS web page with links to IR satellite imaging projects:

https://eros.usgs.gov/satellite-imagery

You may be able to use that as a stepping-off point for finding more information. Also, a Google Images search on thermal satellite images gives some pretty neat examples of what is being done... :smile:

Likes Frank Einstein
Thank you!

Likes berkeman

What is remote sensing?

Remote sensing is the process of gathering information about an object or environment without having physical contact with it. This is usually done by using various sensors and instruments to collect data from a distance.

What is the purpose of a bibliography about remote sensing?

The purpose of a bibliography about remote sensing is to provide a list of sources that have been used or referenced in a research project or publication. This allows readers to easily access and verify the information presented, as well as to explore more in-depth information about the topic.

What are the different types of remote sensing?

There are two main types of remote sensing: active and passive. Active remote sensing involves sending out energy to interact with the object or environment being studied, while passive remote sensing relies on detecting energy naturally emitted or reflected by the object or environment.

What are some common applications of remote sensing?

Remote sensing has a wide range of applications, including land use and land cover mapping, environmental monitoring, agriculture, urban planning, and disaster management. It is also used in various industries such as forestry, mining, and transportation for resource management and planning.

What are some challenges associated with remote sensing?

Some challenges of remote sensing include obtaining accurate and reliable data, dealing with atmospheric interference, and processing and analyzing large amounts of data. Additionally, remote sensing can be expensive and require specialized equipment and expertise.