Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Black Hole vs. Anti-Black Hole

1. Jun 26, 2010 #1
    What would happen?

I mean, would they annihilate?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2010 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2017 Award

There is no such thing as an anti-Black Hole in conventional physics. Could you be talking about something else?

4. Jun 27, 2010 #3
    No, When I say anti-black hole, I'm referring to a black hole collapsed from anti-matter.

5. Jun 27, 2010 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2017 Award

They would merge into a single black hole. A black hole has no memory of what kind of material it formed out of.

6. Jun 27, 2010 #5
    "Black holes have no hair."

7. Jun 27, 2010 #6
    I guess that this is because all the energy in such a small space makes the particles kind of random (e=mc stuff) and destroys the information or what?

8. Jun 27, 2010 #7
    The real answer is that there is no way to get any information about what went into a hole, other than how much was there, and if it carried angular momentum.

Could there be a nugget of information inside the horizon? Sure, why not, but much like the tootsie roll at the center of a tootsie pop, until you figure out how to bite open a black hole, it's gone.

One, ta-hoooo, tha-reee... *crunch*

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook