1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmology Book for someone new to N-Body Simulations

1. Aug 25, 2016 #1
    Hi,
    I'm interested in research on the formation of dark matter halos and was hoping that I might, in the future, run an N-Body simulation on the subject. However, I do not have any experience with N-Body simulations. I only know C, but I am learning Python.
    So, does anyone have a suggestion for an introductory book on N-Body simulations (in a cosmological context)?

thanks,
    Pimiento

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Aug 31, 2016 #3
    Currently I'm thinking either this scholarpedia article or N-Body Simulations: Tools and Algorithms, by Sverre J. Aarseth is a good place to start.

5. Aug 31, 2016 #4
    Not sure about the cosmological context but either of the books by Donald Greenspan are pretty good:
    N-Body Problems And Models
    Molecular And Particle Modelling Of Laminar And Turbulent Flows

Also if you are trying to get into parallel computing look at CUDA or OpenCL.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted