Book that contains all math formulas

• Other
  • Thread starter Emmanuel_Euler
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Formulas
In summary: Precisely why I even bothered to reply, I was just attempting to show him/her what really maths is all about. I'm not sure I did a very good job, but to the OP I would recommend reading something like "Letters to a young Mathematician" - Ian Stewart if you want an idea of a career in...mathematics.
Emmanuel_Euler
i need a book that contain all math formulas
from numbers theory to Probability.

any help??

Physics news on Phys.org
Likes Demystifier and Emmanuel_Euler
SteamKing said:
I don't know if you'll find a single book which contains all math formulas, but you can come pretty close with some titles.

What you are looking for is a math handbook. There are several to chose from:

Here are two:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071795375/?tag=pfamazon01-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0486411478/?tag=pfamazon01-20

You can search for others on Amazon by using the search term "math handbook". Good Luck!
you are right. i can not find the book that contains all math formulas. but i need book only contain math formulas without prove.

Emmanuel_Euler said:
you are right. i can not find the book that contains all math formulas. but i need book only contain math formulas without prove.
Unless it's said otherwise, most math handbooks do not include proofs for all the formulas which they contain. If they did, you wouldn't have a math handbook, but a math encyclopedia.

Likes Emmanuel_Euler
SteamKing said:
Unless it's said otherwise, most math handbooks do not include proofs for all the formulas which they contain. If they did, you wouldn't have a math handbook, but a math encyclopedia.
you are right.:DD

Emmanuel_Euler said:

any help??
Handbook of Chemistry & Physics

Likes Emmanuel_Euler
symbolipoint said:
Handbook of Chemistry & Physics
best book ever. thanks for help.

There is one that is historically very significant among mathematicians, especially number theorists.....
"A synopsis of elementary results in pure mathematics" - G.S. Carr
The great Indian self-taught mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan has said to have began self studying this book when he was about 15-16 years old. And that was the only mathematical education he ever had...
Though of course later he learned a lot from Hardy and Littlewood...

Emmanuel_Euler said:
best book ever. thanks for help.
What happened to the multiquote?

Listing the handbook is not a joke. These handbooks usually show tables of integration and derivative formulas. Other mathematical formulas, too.

Emmanuel_Euler said:

any help??
Though you should know that this is a really ridiculous question. And I mean a reaaaaaaalllly ridiculous question. Because not only there does not exist a book containing all the theorems in the fields you mentioned, there does not even exist a book that would contain all the theorems in a small sub-field of those fields. Mathematics is huge, very huge, even more huge than physics, forget theorems and formulas, you'll find that there does not even exist a precise list on the internet of all the fields and sub-fields of mathematics, and you'd probably be crazy to attempt to write one, because it would take a very long time and in that time ten more things will pop up that you along with most of the world know nothing about......

certainly said:
Though you should know that this is a really ridiculous question. And I mean a reaaaaaaalllly ridiculous question. Because not only there does not exist a book containing all the theorems in the fields you mentioned, there does not even exist a book that would contain all the theorems in a small sub-field of those fields. Mathematics is huge, very huge, even more huge than physics, forget theorems and formulas, you'll find that there does not even exist a precise list on the internet of all the fields and sub-fields of mathematics, and you'd probably be crazy to attempt to write one, because it would take a very long time and in that time ten more things will pop up that you along with most of the world know nothing about......
A justifiable question if who asks is a high school student or a beginning college/university student. At that stage, students may still believe that their teacher knows everything, because the teacher is the person who has all the answers (at least for all the instruction being delivered... students do not yet know their teachers's limits).

symbolipoint said:
A justifiable question if who asks is a high school student or a beginning college/university student. At that stage, students may still believe that their teacher knows everything, because the teacher is the person who has all the answers (at least for all the instruction being delivered... students do not yet know their teachers's limits).
Precisely why I even bothered to reply, I was just attempting to show him/her what really maths is all about. I'm not sure I did a very good job, but to the OP I would recommend reading something like "Letters to a young Mathematician" - Ian Stewart if you want an idea of a career in math.

Likes symbolipoint
certainly said:
Precisely why I even bothered to reply, I was just attempting to show him/her what really maths is all about. I'm not sure I did a very good job, but to the OP I would recommend reading something like "Letters to a young Mathematician" - Ian Stewart if you want an idea of a career in math.
OKay. And you have a justifiable reason for this.

both of you right.
my question is really stupid as you said before.
steamking replied and told me that.i will not find a book that contain all the formulas...
friends the handbook i asked for,not for me it is for my cousin he loves books so much. he studying physics in college(He is studying General physics).
so he told me to find a book contain math formulas.

1. What is a "Book that contains all math formulas"?

A "Book that contains all math formulas" is a comprehensive reference book that contains all the commonly used mathematical formulas. It is a useful tool for students, researchers, and professionals in the field of mathematics.

2. Why is a "Book that contains all math formulas" important?

A "Book that contains all math formulas" is important because it provides a quick and convenient way to access a wide range of mathematical formulas. It can save time and effort when solving complex math problems.

3. Who can benefit from using a "Book that contains all math formulas"?

Anyone who needs to use mathematical formulas can benefit from using a "Book that contains all math formulas". This includes students, teachers, engineers, scientists, and anyone working in a field that involves mathematical calculations.

4. Is a "Book that contains all math formulas" available in digital format?

Yes, a "Book that contains all math formulas" is available in digital format. Many online resources offer downloadable versions of these books or have them available for purchase in e-book form.

5. Are all math formulas included in a "Book that contains all math formulas"?

While a "Book that contains all math formulas" aims to include all commonly used mathematical formulas, it may not cover every single formula. New formulas are constantly being developed and discovered, so it is important to regularly update and supplement the book with additional resources.