Books for Chemistry: Halliday-Resnik & Similar Titles

In summary, there is a book called Chemistry: The Central Science by Brown, LeMay, Bursten and Murphy that could be a good companion for Halliday-Resnik for those interested in chemistry. While it may not have the same level of colorful illustrations, it includes sections that discuss real-world applications and historical contexts. It is also an easy read and highly recommended.
foggyeyes
Im currently reading Halliday-Resnik For physics.
im wondering if there's a similar book for chemistry.
The colourfull illustrations in halliday - resnik make physics fun

Chemistry news on Phys.org
The book I used for general chemistry last year was Chemistry: The Central Science by Brown, LeMay, Bursten and Murphy. It's not quite on the level of Halliday/Resnik (which I used for physics as well) in terms of illustrations, but it's got little sections throughout that talk about everyday applications of the material and historical contexts (i.e. how decompression sickness works, Alfred Nobel's work on nitrogen-containing explosives, etc.). It was a pretty easy read; that's definitely what I would recommend.

Related to Books for Chemistry: Halliday-Resnik & Similar Titles

1. What is the best book for learning chemistry?

The Halliday-Resnik series is often considered the best for learning chemistry. It is comprehensive, well-organized, and provides clear explanations and examples.

2. Is the Halliday-Resnik series suitable for beginners?

Yes, the Halliday-Resnik series is suitable for beginners. It starts from the basics and gradually builds upon concepts, making it easy for beginners to understand.

3. Are there any other books similar to Halliday-Resnik for learning chemistry?

Yes, there are several other titles that are similar to Halliday-Resnik and are highly recommended for learning chemistry. Some popular options include "Chemistry: The Central Science" by Brown, LeMay, Bursten, and Murphy and "General Chemistry" by Ebbing and Gammon.

4. How often are the Halliday-Resnik books updated?

The Halliday-Resnik books are regularly updated to include the latest scientific developments and advancements in the field of chemistry. The most recent edition was published in 2020.

5. Are the Halliday-Resnik books suitable for self-study?

Yes, the Halliday-Resnik books are suitable for self-study. They are well-structured and include practice problems and exercises to help students reinforce their understanding of the material.