Boundary conditions of eigenfunctions with Yukawa potential

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Riccardo Marinelli
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
TL;DR
Where can I find information about the boundary condition of eigenfunctions of the schrödinger equation with Yukawa potential?
Hello, I was going to solve numerically the eigenfunctions and eigenvalues problem of the schrödinger equation with Yukawa Potential. I thought that the Boundary condition of the eigenfunctions could be the same as in the case of Coulomb potential. Am I wrong? In that case, do you know some articles/books where I can find information about that?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Which boundary conditions are you referring to? For the radial wave function the ones at ##r=0## should indeed be the same as for the Coulomb potential. For ##r \rightarrow \infty## you only need one for the bound states, which leads to the quantized energy eigenvalues as for the hydrogen atom.
 
Hi, I was referring to the boundary conditions in r=0, thank you for your reply