Branch of study: geology + chemistry + mathematics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Segala
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Dear fellows,
I was wondering about what lies inbetween the fields of geology, chemistry and mathematics. I mean, is there a branch of study that uses the three areas?

Thanks in advance.
JGSeg.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Segala said:
Dear fellows,
I was wondering about what lies inbetween the fields of geology, chemistry and mathematics. I mean, is there a branch of study that uses the three areas?

Thanks in advance.
JGSeg.
Well,

Geology + mathematical modelling often sees you doing geophysics, while geology + chemistry = geochemistry.

I think the intersection of the three would be where you use mathematical modelling to work on geochemical problems. So, "computational geochemistry" would be close to using all three.
 
Thanks for your answer! Could you enlighten me with a couple of examples in computational geochemistry?