Bring your innovative mind here

• Thread starter Larrytsai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary, the conversation is about finding interesting and engaging science labs to demonstrate to students. The participants suggest labs involving gummy bears catching on fire, gas collection over water, and testing money for illegal substances. They also mention a lab where the surface area of activated carbon is calculated, revealing its astounding size.
Larrytsai
Hi I was wondering if you guys know any VERY cool labs I could use?
I want to demonstrate the lab to my student body and i want it to interest them very much so we get more students interested into sciences.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What grades? Sounds like grade school.

gravenewworld said:
What grades? Sounds like grade school.

Yea... Grade 11

My chemistry teacher put a gummy bear in a test tube with a salt that she melted down and it caught on fire.

Another cool one I always liked was the gas collection over water lab.

I don't know what kind of equipment you have, but you could do the lab where you test money for illegal substances. 80% of all money is contaminated with controlled substances.

You could also do the lab where you calculate the surface area of a gram of activated carbon. It blew my mind once we calculated that just a spoonful size of activated carbon has the same surface area as a tennis court!

What is "Bring your innovative mind here"?

"Bring your innovative mind here" is a program or initiative that encourages individuals to share their creative and innovative ideas with a specific organization or group.

Who can participate in "Bring your innovative mind here"?

Anyone can participate in "Bring your innovative mind here"! This program is open to all individuals, regardless of their background, expertise, or experience. The goal is to gather diverse perspectives and ideas.

How can I submit my ideas for "Bring your innovative mind here"?

The submission process may vary depending on the organization or group running the program. Some may have an online submission form, while others may require a written proposal or presentation. It is best to check with the organizers for specific submission guidelines.

What happens to my ideas after I submit them to "Bring your innovative mind here"?

Again, this may vary depending on the program. In most cases, a team of experts will review and evaluate the submitted ideas. If your idea is selected, you may be invited to collaborate with the organization or group to bring your idea to life.

Is there any compensation for participating in "Bring your innovative mind here"?

Some programs may offer compensation for selected ideas, while others may not. It is essential to review the terms and conditions of the program before submitting your ideas.