Announcement Browse unanswered threads is back!

Is it possible to introduce a distinction between "no replies" and "unanswered"? What I mean is, I made a thread the other day, and for reasons of clarity made a 2nd post, which now means my thread no longer shows up in "unanswered threads" despite in no way actually being answered. It seems "clear" to me that, even if a thread has "replies", if they're all the OP, it's still part of the "question asking". (In my case I was still within the Edit timeframe, so I could have appended Post #2 to it, but let's not forget that the Edit window is, for its own reasons, tightly restricted.)
It sort of is possible in the homework forums. Sometimes an advisor will mark it as solved. But inside that list it is not possible at the moment.

berkeman

Mentor
I could use a Spring Break! :smile:

Down to 3. Two of them are very specialized questions, and for the particle physics one I'm not sure if the question has a good answer.

berkeman

Mentor
Down to 3.
The Circuits question is low-hanging fruit -- I'll leave it to the hounds in the EE forum. :biggrin:

Too late, someone started a new thread.

and back to single digits again (8). I haven't really paid attention in past years but I assume it will stay relatively low during the summer.

Ygggdrasil

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
This is probably the fewest threads I've seen in the unanswered box.
Capture.PNG

Any AMO expert want to try to make it zero?

Attachments

Ygggdrasil

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
We are now at zero=probably not for long. :)
We did it!:partytime:
(alternatively, we have just proven that question answerers have nothing better to do on a Friday evening than answer questions while question askers probably have much better things to be doing)

Charles Link

Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
7:15 P.M. (Central Standard Time) and we're back to zero for at least the second time today.:partytime: