Build a Low-Voltage Negative Ion Generator w/ AA Batteries

In summary, the conversation discusses building a small low-voltage ion generator and the search for information and resources on how to do so. The individual mentions using AA batteries and wanting to create maximum thrust with minimum waste and ozone output. They also inquire about using substances with natural charges to create the ion wind.
Borrah Campbell
Howdy! How do I build a small low-voltage ion generator? The simplest possible design; we'er talking AA batteries here with step-by-step instructions... Any links or advice would be graciously accepted / appreciated.

Here is a youtube video of the thing I want in case I'm not describing it well enough:

Likes anorlunda
Engineering news on Phys.org
surely you have typed ... How do I build a small low-voltage ion generator? ... into google ?

what results did you get ? ... I'm sure they would be the same ones any of the rest of us would get
if we did it for youD

davenn said:
surely you have typed ... How do I build a small low-voltage ion generator? ... into google ?

what results did you get ? ... I'm sure they would be the same ones any of the rest of us would get
if we did it for youD

I have, and I actually only just now figured out how to do it. Not easy information to find by any means... I still would like to hear what the people here have to say though. What I'm after is the ion wind. I wish to produce maximum thrust with minimum waste. I know fractals are useful for things like this... No idea why, but stationary antennas use fractal-based designs now. Any idea how I could efficiently produce a lot of wind without much effort? And minimum ozone output would be ideal. I like my cake without poisonous gas in it : )

What would make me really happy is discovering a substance with a natural negative charge & one with a natural positive charge & using that.

1. Can I use any type of AA batteries for the negative ion generator?

Yes, you can use any type of AA batteries for the negative ion generator as long as they are the same voltage. However, it is recommended to use high-quality batteries for better performance and longer lifespan.

2. How many negative ions does this generator produce?

The number of negative ions produced by this generator depends on the size and type of the ionizing needle used, as well as the voltage of the batteries. On average, it can produce anywhere from 1 million to 10 million negative ions per second.

3. Is this generator safe to use in a household setting?

Yes, this generator is safe to use in a household setting. It uses low voltage batteries and does not produce any harmful byproducts. However, it is always recommended to follow safety precautions and keep the generator out of reach of children.

4. How long do the batteries last in this generator?

The lifespan of the batteries in this generator depends on the frequency of use and the quality of the batteries. On average, they can last for several weeks to a few months. It is recommended to replace the batteries when the generator starts producing weaker or fewer negative ions.

5. Can I adjust the voltage of the batteries to control the number of negative ions produced?

Yes, you can adjust the voltage of the batteries to control the number of negative ions produced. Lower voltage will result in fewer negative ions, while higher voltage will produce more negative ions. However, it is important to not exceed the recommended voltage for the generator to avoid damaging it.