Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Build up/ Discharge Energy Quickly

1. Oct 7, 2011 #1
    I'm trying to figure out what I would need to do in order to make something that could quickly store/build up energy and then disperse it completely once the build up was complete; within a few seconds passing. I'm not really looking for the quantity of energy at the moment but more of the speed I can build it up and release it. Does that make sense?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2011 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Your question is a little vague. What kind of energy are you talking about? Electric? Rotating Kinetic? Something else?

4. Oct 7, 2011 #3
    Oh sorry about that, lol. A bit scatter-brained on occasion. I was referring to electrical energy. Also, I am trying to be somewhat vague simply because it in reference to an idea I have and try to be enigmatic with them until they bare fruit. I hope no one takes offense to that.

5. Oct 7, 2011 #4
    A capacitor?

6. Oct 7, 2011 #5
    That could work, don't know why I hadn't thought of it myself. Now I feel dumb for asking. lol. Thanks for your help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook