1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Build up/ Discharge Energy Quickly

1. Oct 7, 2011 #1
    I'm trying to figure out what I would need to do in order to make something that could quickly store/build up energy and then disperse it completely once the build up was complete; within a few seconds passing. I'm not really looking for the quantity of energy at the moment but more of the speed I can build it up and release it. Does that make sense?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2011 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Your question is a little vague. What kind of energy are you talking about? Electric? Rotating Kinetic? Something else?

4. Oct 7, 2011 #3
    Oh sorry about that, lol. A bit scatter-brained on occasion. I was referring to electrical energy. Also, I am trying to be somewhat vague simply because it in reference to an idea I have and try to be enigmatic with them until they bare fruit. I hope no one takes offense to that.

5. Oct 7, 2011 #4
    A capacitor?

6. Oct 7, 2011 #5
    That could work, don't know why I hadn't thought of it myself. Now I feel dumb for asking. lol. Thanks for your help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook