Building a catapult to launch a ping-pong ball 10 metres

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
RaYip
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Help with Science Project, please!

I was wondering whether anyone here could help me with a science project I have. The assignment requires me to build a catapult/launcher that can launch a ping-pong ball up to a distance of 10 metres. I was wondering whether anyone here knows of any good websites that has instructions and plans on how to make one, or if any of you have any plans or anything, it would be very helpful.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hmm, you could try a sort of trebuchet, an old catapult that used a counter-weight to throw the object pretty dam far.

just look for 'trebuchet' or something along those lines in google or any search engine.
 
Thank you in advance!

Sure, I would be happy to help you with your science project! Building a catapult or launcher can be a fun and challenging project. There are many resources available online that can provide instructions and plans for building one. I recommend checking out educational websites or science experiment websites for step-by-step instructions and materials lists. You can also try searching for "ping-pong ball catapult DIY" on YouTube for video tutorials. Additionally, asking for advice from teachers or classmates who have experience with similar projects can also be helpful. Good luck with your project!