Buying miniature pumps and solenoid valves in small quantities

  • Thread starter Thread starter Taco Bell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    parts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Taco Bell
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm trying to start a project that uses miniature parts, solenoid valves and pumps mainly. It is very hard if not impossible to find these parts. I did manage to locate some parts that are seemed suitable for my needs. But, these parts are from some wholesale distributor. What I would like to know is where/how can I obtain one or two of these small parts, or how can I get the wholesale distributor to ship one or two of their parts? (Also, I'm a cheapskate so I assumed that these part would cost between 10 and 30 US dollars. I guess that should be included in the question, "Where can I find cheap miniature pumps and solenoid valves at retail quantities?") Anyway, your posts and answer are much appreciated, and thank you in advance.

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/takasago-electric/piezoelectric-micro-pump-7120-397174.html"

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/takasago-electric/piezoelectric-micro-pump-7120-397174.html"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I can't say as to whether or not this suits your needs, but I've always had good experiences shopping at "surplus" stores. Princess Auto was always great, but they've changed in the past few years and are strictly a Canadian chain as far as I know. Efton Science has proven to be a very valuable source (formerly called Edmund Scientific). They're based out of New Jersey. You might even have some home-grown establishment that carries nick-knacks of use.